This month’s featured alumna is Teresa Shaw! Teresa gradated from the UNCG LIS program in August 2009 and currently works at Elon University’s School of Law. Read on to learn more about Teresa!
1. Had you worked in other areas before entering library school?
I have a BA in education, but spent most of my career in accounting, both public and private industry.
2. What was your first library job?
I went to work in the Elon University School of Law Library in 2006.
3. What do you remember most about your time in the UNCG LIS program?
I think I was most intrigued by the almost limitless forms and types of information available. It seems such an awesome responsibility to be charged with assisting people in finding information and staying up to date with what is out there.
4. What is your current position and what does it entail?
I am the Director of Budget and Finance at Elon University School of Law. I am responsible for the day to day finances and financial reporting.
5. How do you feel the profession has changed since you graduated from UNCG?
I think the electronic age is making more of an impact and will continue to do so, as an increasingly technologically savvy population demands it.
6. Anything else you’d like to say to the UNCG Alumni:
Keep up to date and realize that information sources are not either print or electronic, but that there will always be places for both. Above all, love what you do.