A friendly reminder that the visit by the External Review Panel (ERP) for the ALA accreditation review of our MLIS program is around the corner and I wanted to invite you to meet with them at one or more of the following group sessions (SEE below). Please note that a second student session has been added on Tuesday, Feb. 8th. ALL are invited to attend the 3:15 to 4:00 pm session on Sunday, Feb. 6th for a general overview and Q&A with the ERP.
Please RSVP at: https://spreadsheets.google.com/a/uncg.edu/viewform?hl=en&ndplr=1&AuthEventSource=SSO&formkey=dEIxbTc2VEJsSGlGemxFWVpXUGhqU2c6MQ#gid=0
Friday, Feb. 4th – UNC Charlotte Diane Barlow, ERP Chair, will visit the Charlotte campus to meet with adjunct faculty, students, alumni, practicum supervisors and employers. All meetings will be at UNCC, Fretwell Building, #126.
- 1:15 – 2:00 – Adjunct Faculty
- 2:00 – 3:00 – Charlotte Program Alumni
- 3:00 – 3:45 – Employers and Practicum Supervisors
- 4:00 – 5:00 – Students
Sunday, Feb. 6th – UNC Greensboro ERP will hold meetings with specific groups. As well, ALL are invited to a presentation of the accreditation process and the ERP’s role at 3:15-4:00 pm.
- 2:00-2:15 pm Advisory Committee and Adjunct Faculty – Brief Welcome [Location: Curry 312]
- 2:15-3:15 pm Advisory Committee [Curry 303] – please attend brief intro. at 2:00 pm
- 2:15-3:15 pm Adjunct faculty [Curry 309] – please attend brief intro. at 2:00 pm
- 3:15-4:00 pm General Welcome and Introductions (ALL invited – full-time and adjunct faculty, staff, graduate assistants, advisory committee, alumni, practicum supervisors and employers, students) [Location: Curry 312]. Refreshments served.
- 4:00-5:00 pm Alumni [Curry 303]
- 4:00-5:00 pm Practicum supervisors and employers [Curry 309]
Monday, Feb. 7th – UNC Greensboro
- 4:15-5:00 pm – Students (Location: Macdonald Center, Curry Building #231)
Tuesday, Feb. 8th – UNC Greensboro – a SECOND student session
- 4:00-4:45 pm – Students (Location: LIS Lab, Curry Building #349-H)
To read more about the accreditation process, our 2010-15 Strategic Plan http://lis.uncg.edu/about-us/strategic-plan/), and most importantly, our Program Presentation (report), go to: http://lis.uncg.edu/about-us/accreditation/ Parking information will also be found on this page.
The External Review Panel includes:
Chair: Diane L. Barlow, Associate Dean, College of Information Studies, University of Maryland
Diane Covington, Chemistry and Biology Librarian, Mellon Institute Library, Carnegie Mellon University
Jennifer Jung Gallant, Associate Director, Elyria Public Library System
Gertrude S. Koh, Professor, Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Dominican University
James R. Rettig, University Librarian, University of Richmond